"Would you Believe".. EMC World (EMC's annual technical conference, May 21st-May 24th in Las Vegas) is right around the corner and we are all busy getting ready for another big show!
At the EMC Solutions Booth (112), we'll be running a twitter challenge called #GetSmart… about Everything at EMC. By attending sessions and visiting booths and then tweeting about them using the #GetSmart hashtag, you'll be eligible to win an iPad, an Iomega PX4 and many other prizes! This twitter challenge will drive awareness around the public communities we created last year called Everything insertpartner at EMC. For instance, Everything Microsoft at EMC, Everything SAP at EMC, and several others.
The purpose of these communities is to take all of the great information EMC has on our support and integration with Microsoft for instance and make this information available outside of the walls of EMC. To find information on EMC's Powershell cmdlets or System Center 2012 support, you can easily type in a search into Bing and find everything you are looking for on the Everything Microsoft at EMC Community. If a customer has a question, they can easily post a question on the community and get instance responses from hundreds of EMC Microsoft specialists who follow and monitor the community.
Since the launch of the Everything Microsoft at EMC Community eight months ago we have posted over 200 documents, over 140 discussions as well as demos, links and much more content. We average over 5000 hits per day on our community and we are seeing a lot of positive feedback from our customers, partners and employees. But unfortunately, not everyone knows about these communities and so my team along with several others in the EMC Solutions Group will be at EMC World supporting the #GetSmart contest, giving out Get Smart t-shirts and helping people register for the EMC Community Network (sign up is free and easy!)
In addition to this contest, we have a huge show planned for Everything EMC and Microsoft! At the EMC Solutions booth (112) we will have our EMC Microsoft experts available to meet with attendees and to show demos or have discussions around topics such as:
- EMC Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track based on Hyper-V and System Center 2012
- Microsoft Management of EMC Infrastructure through System Center 2012
- EMC Storage Integrator (ESI) for simple provisioning of Microsoft Windows
- SQL Server 2012 Performance and DR with VMAX and VNX
- Exchange 2010 Best Practices
- SharePoint Performance, DR and Storage Efficiency
- Simple replication for Microsoft applications and Hyper-V
Once again Microsoft is a top tier sponsor with a booth showcasing their System Center 2012, Private Cloud virtualization, SQL Server 2012 and other technologies. EMC Microsoft specialists will be there too along with Microsoft to help answer questions and promote the EMC Microsoft partnership! Microsoft will also be presenting at a breakout session entitled Microsoft: Understanding Microsoft Fast Track Advantage for the Microsoft Private Cloud (Monday, May 21st at 4PM). At this session you will learn about Microsoft's Private Cloud Fast Track program and EMC's solutions in this private cloud reference architecture developed by Microsoft and EMC.
But that's just a start, check out the full list of Microsoft related sessions:
- Application Protection as a Service Best Practices for Virtualized Exchange and SQL Server on VNX Platforms (Tuesday & Thursday at 10AM)
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery for Microsoft Applications and How to Augment SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups with RecoverPoint (Monday 10AM & Wednesday 4:15)
- Design, Deploy and Optimize Exchange 2010 on vSphere (Tuesday & Thursday at 11:30AM)
- Design, Deploy and Optimize SQL Server on vSphere5 (Monday 4PM & Thursday 10AM)
- EMC Backup – Strategies for Backup and Recovery of Microsoft Applications (Exchange, SQL, AD, SharePoint) (Monday 10AM & Tuesday 4:15)
- EMC Microsoft Private Cloud Solutions (Tuesday 10AM & Thursday 1PM)
- EMC SourceOne Fundamentals: Archiving and information Governance in a "Microsoft 2012" World (Monday 10AM & Thursday 1PM)
- Extend Interoperability Between Microsoft SharePoint and EMC Documentum (Tuesday 4:15)
- Introducing Application Protection as a Service for Virtualized Applications on VNX Platforms (Monday 8:30 & Wednesday 11:30)
- Introduction to the EMC Documentum Records Adaptor for Microsoft SharePoint (Thursday 10AM)
- Leverage VNX for your High-Performance and High-Bandwidth Microsoft SQL Server Data Analytics (Wednesday 11:30 & Thursday 10AM)
- Leveraging EMC VFCache with Enterprise Applications (Monday 4PM & Thursday 10AM)
- Microsoft cloud and Applications Enabled by Symmetrix VMAXe (Wednesday 10AM & Thursday 8:30)
- Proven Methodology for Implementing Microsoft SharePoint and EMC Documentum (Monday 2:30 & Thursday 1PM)
- Simplify the Management of Microsoft Applications Leveraging the EMC Storage Integrator (ESI) (Monday 2:30 & Thursday 1PM)
- VNX & VNXe: Best Practices Planning for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Server (Tuesday 2:45 & Wednesday 10AM)
- VPLEX and RecoverPoint: Operational Best Practices for VMware and Microsoft Environments (Wednesday 4:15 & Thursday 8:30AM)
Still looking for more? I'll be presenting a theatre presentation on Virtualizing Mission Critical Microsoft Applications with EMC on Tuesday May 22nd at 3:30 followed by a presentation by Microsoft at 4:15. And if that's not enough, we will have all of our EMC Technical Consultants in town for several days of technical training including a session on Big Data with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and EMC.
So if you're coming to Vegas, be sure to stop by Booth 112 to meet me and the other EMC Microsoft Specialists who will be on hand to help you Get Smart on Everything Microsoft at EMC!